What is Leather Conditioner?
Leather conditioner is a liquid substance that cleans, moisturizes, and restores your leather furniture. Unlike many household cleaners, leather conditioner is gentle enough to be used regularly on your furniture without stripping or damaging your leather.
Why Is It Important?
Applying leather conditioner on a regular basis is one of the most important steps in maintaining the look and feel of your leather furniture. With exposure to the air and sunlight, your leather will naturally dry out over time. Applying leather conditioner replaces the lost moisture in your furniture ~ which not only makes it looks better but also increases the durability and softness. This is especially prevalent in our dry Colorado climate. Furthermore, this process will wipe away most dirt and germs, leaving your furniture as good as new.
In many cases, applying leather conditioner can buff out the appearance of minor leather scratches and imperfections. Leather scratches become visible when a sharp object strips away some of the pigment of the leather. When your moisturize the hide (with leather conditioner), it will naturally expand ~ replacing some of the lost pigment. This blurs the unwanted appearance of the scratch, or may even help it heal completely.
How to Apply Leather Conditioner?
- Add a small amount of leather conditioner to a clean rag. In most cases, I recommend starting off with about the size of a quarter.
- Apply evenly onto your leather by rubbing the rag in circular motions. For the best results, focus on one leather panel at a time. Do not move onto the next panel until the entire panel you are working on has been evenly conditioned.
- Add more product as needed.
- Continue until the entire recliner has been conditioned.
- Repeat every 3 months, or more if the leather furniture is exposure to direct sunlight.
What Product Do We Recommend?
Here at Forma Furniture, we recommend the brand Hide Bracer for your leather conditioning needs. Check it out by clicking the button below!